I found this on this great food blog I’ve recently found. I’m making them for the baby shower on Saturday, along with these. I must warn you — these are amazing. You will not be able to stop eating them! And they are so easy.
I’m not thrilled with the chocolate coating. I’m experimenting with other coatings, trying to get a smooth, hard finish. Tough work, but someone has to do it 😉
No-Bake Cheesecake Petit Fours
1 package (7 oz.) chocolate wafer cookies
2/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar
8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2 8-oz. packages cream cheese
2 tablespoons vanilla
½ cup heavy (whipping) cream
10 ounces good quality dark chocolate, chopped finely
1. Line a 9×9″ baking pan with foil. Place cookies in a food processor; process until finely ground. Combine cookies and 3 tablespoons sugar in a bowl. Add the melted butter, and mix well until crumb mixture holds together.
2. Transfer cookie mixture to the prepared pan, and pat out evenly to make the crust, only filling the bottom of the pan – notlining the sides. Place in freezer while proceeding.
3. Combine cream cheese, vanilla, and remaining 2/3 cup sugar in a mixer, and beat until combined. Lightly whip cream to soft peaks, and fold into cream-cheese filling.
4. Remove crust from freezer, and pour filling evenly into pan. Cover with plastic wrap, place in freezer for 30 minutes, or over night.
5. Remove pan from freezer, allow cheesecake to soften slightly. Remove from pan (should be easy with the foil liner) and slice into 1-1.5″ squares. Return to freezer for 30 minutes or overnight.
6. Melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler until smooth. Turn off heat. Remove cheesecake squares from freezer and dip each one in the chocolate – covering them completely. Allow to cool on a cookie rack and decorate with icing, melted white chocolate, or pre-made/bought decorations. Store in freezer, allowing at least 10 minutes at room temperature prior to serving.
recipe origin: Domestic Goddess